Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assembly Required - Des Moines, IA November 4, 2017

Assembly Required - Des Moines, IA November 4, 2017

Codename: Iowa is proud to announce the 7th annual Iowa G.I. Joe and Action Force Convention, Assembly Required! The event will be held at the John and Mary PappaJohn Education Center in Des Moines on November 4th. Not only will you get to rub elbows with your fellow Joe fans, but there will be Cosplayers, Vendors, Activies & More! For all of you Customizers out there, get your paint brushes ready! Here are the official rules for the custom contest:

• 2 entries per category.
    • Voted on by attendees via ballot.
    • Winning entries receive swank trophy and sweet, sweet prizes.

Categories include:

• FIGURES
    • VEHICLES
    • KIDS (13 and under figure, vehicle, kre-o)

*Please note - Entries need to be Joe related or made from Joe parts.

In addition, as part of Codename: Iowa's continuing mission to engage new generations with the property, they'll have a kids custom station, where kids can create their very own vintage style custom figure that they get to take home with them!

Promotion for the event is in full swing, with a collection of minimalist and Action Force style banners being shared that we've collected below. Will you be attending?

Assembly Required GRIMSKULL and GOLDFINCH reveals!

Code Name: Iowa is excited to announce our first ever toy exclusive available only at Assembly Required '17, Nov. 4th in Des moines, IA. We've partnered with the great people at Marauder "Gun-Runners" to create an exclusive pair of figures featuring brand new characters: GRIMSKULL and GOLDFINCH!
    Featuring the fantastic Marauder Task Force and Valkyrie figs completely kitted out with gear, exclusive deco touches, an exclusive customized accessory from Avac's Lab, and exclusive collector friendly packaging!

These figures will be individually packaged, but only available as a set for purchase the day of the show. 25 sets will be available for purchase at $80 per set. Because of the extremely limited nature of the exclusive, only one set per household will be sold, unless there are unsold sets at the end of the day. Tentatively, we plan to hand out tickets for purchase after the first raffle (aprox. 11:30 AM) on a first come/first serve basis.

We'll be sharing more pics of these new figs as they are finished up, but to start with here are a couple action shots of the pair geared up, but without the exclusive deco touches added in. We can't wait to share some of the finished images, and share some of the process that has gone into creating these. So stay tuned as we reveal more of GRIMSKULL and GOLDFINCH, and we hope to see you all in Des Moines in less than 2 weeks!

I'm envious of everyone getting to go to this this year. The midwest is full of faithful groups of Joe fans and creative minds who don't always make it to the larger coastal cons. Im sure it's going to be a good time had by all.

Quote Originally Posted by MegsTriggerMan View Post
    I'm envious of everyone getting to go to this this year. The midwest is full of faithful groups of Joe fans and creative minds who don't always make it to the larger coastal cons. Im sure it's going to be a good time had by all.
    As the kids would say, I'm uber-jelly. The Wife & I looked in to going, but since it was last minute, tickets and the sort were a bit high on the range for us.

The team at Code Name: Iowa have shared the filecards for Grimskull & Goldfinch, two figures you can get exclusively at Assembly Required 2017

Those figs are kick ass I wish I was closer to Iowa!

Right? It seems like such a fun, well put together show. I'd love to attend. IIRC, the cost for the Wife & I to fly out and get a room for the weekend was about 4K (yikes!). The Wife was not having it, lol.

Have you seen these yet? Roma Collectibles put together 8 Red Shadow exclusives for the show. Pretty friggin' rad!

I did see that and it looks so cool. I am going to custom up these three figures once I get an up close look at Grimskull. These kitbash customs are right up my alley. Is that a Corps tank too?

Quote Originally Posted by Itchweed View Post
    I did see that and it looks so cool. I am going to custom up these three figures once I get an up close look at Grimskull. These kitbash customs are right up my alley. Is that a Corps tank too?

Yes Sir! Corps Tank, so you should be able to replicate it (if you wanted). Once you get those customs put together, lmk, would love to share them here!

Administrator
    Nice! I've always admired the Lanard (CORPS, etc) vehicles. They're figures are iffy most of the time, but their vehicles are solid.