Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Official Eagle Force Returns Discussion Thread

Nope not him.

Heads Up! For those of you that contributed to the Eagle Force Returns Kickstarter Campaign, there's an important update that requires your attention. Our friends from Fresh Monkey Fiction have shared word on a possible delay in shipping out our figures. That said though, the reason for the delay is a positive one. Here's the scoop:

As some of you know Zica/Remco toys, who is partnering with FMF on Eagle Force, canceled their Adventure People line. As FMF is sharing this tooling for Eagle Force, Craig at Zica/Remco was kind enough not to go into specific details with his messaging. So naturally folks are asking “Why did he cancel?” Well, as FMF feels that transparency is key with Kickstarter, they felt that they should let you know. It was primarily about scale. Although still very much 1/18th, the Eagle Force figures are a bit shorter than other popular figures in the market, as you can see by this image.

There were also a few minor imperfections in the tooling, like the shoulders are a tad rounded and after many months the ankle ball never really looked the way we intended. Craig was not willing to compromise on these points, so he decided to cancel the Adventure People and offer refunds out of his own pocket. FMF was willing to go with the current scale and deal with these minor issues in order to stay on target for our original delivery in late March.

After a long discussion with Craig and getting some feedback at Designer Con from fans, we decided this is not really up to them. It’s up to YOU…the community that came together to bring Eagle Force back to life.

Fresh Monkey Fiction has the opportunity toredo the tooling, fix the scale and adjust some minor issues, but this will push Eagle Force Returns 3-4 months behind schedule and won’t delivered till summer 2018. It’s important to keep in mind that this tooling will be used in future lines as well, see above, so it does have a broad and lasting impact. If they do retool, Craig is considering reversing his thinking and moving ahead with Captain Action, so there is that as well. FMF would prefer to redo the tooling and adjust the scale, but they wanted to get as much feedback as they could so we can make the best informed decision.

Like all Kickstarters, this is process, so they hope everyone understands that although they're not Hasbro or Mattel, Fresh Monkey Fiction is committed to making the best toys possible. They'll be posting this on Facebook but please share your comments in the Kickstarter Comments area, as this is really a question for the backers.

Thanks everyone!

At first I said the scale was ok with me, but that was my "I want it now" coming out. TBH, a delay of 3 to 4 months would put it in the June-July timeframe and while not ideal, it would provide the foundation for future waves and the Amazing Heroes etc so I am for the delay to get them perfect. I just want these so bad. I have been collecting vehicles for the line, and have all of the cards, metal cards, books, etc. I didn't know jack about EF until this kickstarter and now I hold a Doctorate Degree in Fresh Monkey haha.

C.I.A.D. what do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Itchweed View Post
    At first I said the scale was ok with me, but that was my "I want it now" coming out. TBH, a delay of 3 to 4 months would put it in the June-July timeframe and while not ideal, it would provide the foundation for future waves and the Amazing Heroes etc so I am for the delay to get them perfect. I just want these so bad. I have been collecting vehicles for the line, and have all of the cards, metal cards, books, etc. I didn't know jack about EF until this kickstarter and now I hold a Doctorate Degree in Fresh Monkey haha.

C.I.A.D. what do you think?

I'd co-sign this whole post. At first I said eff it, just gimme...but that was my impatience talking. I'd rather wait the 3 months and have them be absolutely stellar, rather than get them 3 months early and be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
    I'd co-sign this whole post. At first I said eff it, just gimme...but that was my impatience talking. I'd rather wait the 3 months and have them be absolutely stellar, rather than get them 3 months early and be disappointed.
    Exactly. Seems the “majority” shares our view.

Thatís awesome! Bulletproof was my favorite cops figure

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdragon View Post
    That’s awesome! Bulletproof was my favorite cops figure
    Dude, I'm beyond stoked for Bulletproof Vess! I hope we get more somewhere else down the line.

I’m not familiar with Cops. Well toy Cops anyway. I need to brush up.

Our friends from Fresh Monkey Fiction shared word via Kickstarter that retooling of the Eagle Force Returns Action Figure line will begin. With that said, that will cause a bit of a delay in receiving our new toys, but hey, you can't rush perfection! Here's the scoop from the Campaign, where Bill provided a Q&A to questions received.

Hey Everyone,

Based on the overwhelming response from the last update, we are going to spend the time to retool figures to adjust the scale. As we mentioned this will delay the fulfillment a few months. I think everyone will be pleased with the final outcome. Thanks again for taking the time to leave the feedback.

I did want to answer some questions from a few backers..

Q: I'm worried about the "diaper crotch". Can these guys put their legs completely forward? Can they sit down with their legs straight?
    A: Yes,the figure can put their legs completely forward, I'm however in my mid 40s and are not a flexible as I once was, so I do suffer from "diaper crotch.

Q: What about the playsets delivery schedule?

A: The play sets are still on track, but will ship when the figures ship. Here are some in progress images D&J toys sent our way (MOD Note - You can view these images by reading more below).

Q: "Redo the tooling"?!! The whole figure or just those parts you mention? Are you lengthening the torso? Legs? arms? In any case, that's no inexpensive undertaking. How are you paying for that?

A: Yes, the whole figure. We are paying for it ourselves. We also understand they the delay makes all of us sad…so although we can’t fold time, we are going to send along an additional freebie to backers when the orders ship.

Q: And one last favor to ask. Is it possible to post a picture of the EF posters with a prototype or other figure standing in front of it just to get an idea of the scale look for using it as a background display?

A: I’ll try to do that. I will say the posters are 18x24 so it’s very large next to the figures.

Q: Also, would you consider re-opening pre-orders if everything gets re-tooled?

A: Yes, we are going to open up pre-oders again so folks can add figures if they would like.

Q:How much would the change effect EF Wave 2, Amazing Heroes, and Larry Hama in terms of initial KS offering and/or the delivery time line?

A: We will not launch any additional waves of EF until orders are shipped. This does effect the Larry Figure, so we’ll be updating that campaign as well. I have licensing agreements in place for Amazing Heroes, so that changes things a bit as far as scheduling.

Q: Also, the ankles are plain ugly. I can wait for the retooling if it means a better overall product.

A: We are removing the ball from the ankle on the boots as we are re-doing the tooling. We’ll still have rocker ankles.

Q: I'm really enjoying all the new characters you've added to your universe. Is the ninja lady's name Keiko Savitar? Or is the guy to her right another version of Savitar?

A: Keiko Savitar is the daughter of Savitar, the ninja from the 80’s line who is now in his 80s, has lost an eye, walks with a cane and has a pet koala.

Q: When is the digital handbooks coming out?

A: Soon we are almost done. I just need to write the front inside cover and fix a couple of the bios.

Thanks again everyone and keep those questions coming.

Should I do an Kickstarter live? I’m not great in front of the camera, but I’d be happy to do it if folks want it. Let me know.

Bill

Great q and a. I am super stoked!