Thread: Today is the final day of Toys R Us

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Today is the final day of Toys R Us

Today the sun finally sets on Toys R Us stores across the United States, as they close their doors for the final time.

It's sad to say a final goodbye to the store that was such a huge influence in the lives of so many children who grew up to be collectors like us. Then you also realize that the next generations will not have that feeling of pure joy as they won't be walking into a Toys R Us store in their lives.

Share with us your thoughts and feelings on this sad day.

I stopped by two nights ago. They had a circle taped off where you could walk around the store and all of the toys were just tossed in carts along the way. The only shelving they had that you could go to was to hold literally (I counted) over 250 Star Wars Black Series Jyn Erso figs. Sad, sad day.

I went too. Wish I didn't, it was a sad sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rangeviper88 View Post
    I went too. Wish I didn't, it was a sad sight.
    That's why I didn't go, seemed like it'd be too sad to see my childhood store emptied out and dead.

It was sad and relieving. TRU hasn’t had crap in so long....now one less place to stop.

It's sad, but they lost a lot of my business when they became the only real toy store. It was just easier to order things online than try and hunt for stuff before scalpers got them.