Thread: Forgotten Figures - 1995 Seawolf

Forgotten Figures - 1995 Seawolf

The great folks over at Forgotten Figures have posted a nice article detailing one particularly forgotten vehicle from 1995.

The vehicle in question is the Sea Wolf, an arctic repaint of the original 1984 G.I. Joe Whale Hovercraft.

It's always amazing to see these ideas from Hasbro that never came to fruition, but when it's something like this, it's also quite frustrating, considering the place the Whale has in the hearts of many collectors and fans.

You can check out the entire article by clicking here.

What do you think about this unproduced piece?

I...I want one. So bad.

Edit: Read the whole article and also the one about the proposed '95 Tactical Battle Platform redeco. Man they were right on, for me personally. My parents' house burned down in December '94. I got into collecting vintage stuff the following year, mostly SW and TF at first, because some of that stuff survived. My Joe collection was almost completely wiped out. Virtually all of the figures, and most of the vehicles, including the WHALE that I had scraped and saved for and bought at a Dillard's that still had a dusty one on a high shelf in early '87. I had always wanted one and I knew it had to have been retired by then b/c none of the major stores had them anymore. I did extra chores, saved every god damn penny, and went back a few weeks later hoping it was still there. I think it was $20 + tax, and at least $5-6 of that was a sack of loose change. My pride and joy. Banished to the top shelf in the closet when the house went up. Point is, between just starting to collect vintage and the insanity that POTF2 started, I would have bought the ever loving shit out of repainted classic Joe stuff in 1995. a return to more realistic decos over the neon colored, missile launching, space-faring jazz of the early '90s. It's a travesty that they didn't even get those out there in the '97-'00 years at least.
    Last edited by Clone Trooper; 06-07-2018 at 03:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Trooper View Post
    I...I want one. So bad.

Edit: Read the whole article and also the one about the proposed '95 Tactical Battle Platform redeco. Man they were right on, for me personally. My parents' house burned down in December '94. I got into collecting vintage stuff the following year, mostly SW and TF at first, because some of that stuff survived. My Joe collection was almost completely wiped out. Virtually all of the figures, and most of the vehicles, including the WHALE that I had scraped and saved for and bought at a Dillard's that still had a dusty one on a high shelf in early '87. I had always wanted one and I knew it had to have been retired by then b/c none of the major stores had them anymore. I did extra chores, saved every god damn penny, and went back a few weeks later hoping it was still there. I think it was $20 + tax, and at least $5-6 of that was a sack of loose change. My pride and joy. Banished to the top shelf in the closet when the house went up. Point is, between just starting to collect vintage and the insanity that POTF2 started, I would have bought the ever loving shit out of repainted classic Joe stuff in 1995. a return to more realistic decos over the neon colored, missile launching, space-faring jazz of the early '90s. It's a travesty that they didn't even get those out there in the '97-'00 years at least.
    That is terrible man. I'm so sorry.

And yeah, I don't know that releasing these would have "saved the line" so to say, but I don't think it would have hurt.

I love seeing these vehicles that never came to be. My favorite still to this day is the Train prototype they made. Really wish that got a release.