Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JLW515 Customs Thread

Next up is BREAKER! I think Breaker is my favorite of the O13 Joes probably because he was featured prominently in the early commercials. In fact, as a kid, apparently I missed the commercial referring him as "Breaker" and only heard "call in GIJOE" (or something similar). So, I first thought that this was just a "Star Wars sized" version of GIJOE (Colton) until my friend showed me the file card. Even though Breaker didn't have any weapons, he was pretty cool with that headset and backpack.

The base of this figure is the green Dollar General Shipwreck. I love this figure as an army builder. I wanted him to have short sleeves, but the upper Shipwreck arms look odd if you just put bare arms with them. So, I took a Duke figure that is cast in a light green and Dremeled the rolled sleeve cuffs to fit the bottom of Shipwreck's upper arms. The bare arms and gloves are from POC Jungle Duke (I think). The head is from Bench Press.

The main thing for me was to incorporate the vintage ARAH head set with this custom.

So, I glued a ARAH Breaker head set to a DG Duke helmet. I used a SW Endor Trooper backpack because I like the way it looks with the small antennae and such. I drilled a hole in the side and glued the small phone handset from Lowlight. Also added another black ammo pocket to the right leg.

I really need to take some "action photos" of my figures.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

Jason

Oh WOW! I love your Breaker. I think incorporating vintage pieces really make your customs stand out. Might just be my favorite so far.

That Endor Rebel backpack works phenomenally!

Quote Originally Posted by Itchweed View Post
    Oh WOW! I love your Breaker. I think incorporating vintage pieces really make your customs stand out. Might just be my favorite so far.
    Yeah, for me there are iconic elements to certain characters. For Breaker it's the ear muff communications gear. Thanks for the comments!

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    That Endor Rebel backpack works phenomenally!
    Thanks! To me, the vintage backpack is just too small. The Endor backpack works with the peg hole on Breaker's back. Only customizing I did to the Endor backpack was a little Dremel work to fit the tube in the back and the hand-held phone on the side. The hand-held phone (from Lowlight) is glued in place - it's just for looks! LOL!

Jason

Alright, well, been busy for the past couple of weeks. Here is my custom "Class of 1982" Snake Eyes.

I really like the whole "Commando" side of SE better than the "Ninja" aspect. I like to think that his ninja training takes a back seat to his military training. There was a Marvel issue where Hawk is depicted with a black shirt and green pants. I always thought this would be a cool look for SE sort of blending both his ninja and commando together ("I'm a little bit country; I'm a little bit rock-n-roll").

The lighting kind of sucks on this picture, but I painted the legs of Retaliation Dojo Snake Eyes. I based the camo pattern off of a 1980s Army camo uniform. I just free-hand painted the three colors (green, brown, tan) layered over each other.

I gave him Resolute Beach Head's web gear with a second knife, again channeling that ninja aspect more to a military style, and a Valor v Venom UZI because I like the folding stock.

I do have a second version of this style of SE that I need to photograph that has the black, ribbed shirt with MTF Spec-Ops pants.

Comments, critiques, suggestions welcomed!

Jason

Oh yeah buddy. Love the Snake-Eyes Commando look over the Ninja stuff. I still have a sticker sheet from when I was a kid that shows Snake in camo. Awesome work as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchweed View Post
    Oh yeah buddy. Love the Snake-Eyes Commando look over the Ninja stuff. I still have a sticker sheet from when I was a kid that shows Snake in camo. Awesome work as always.
    Is this the sticker you're talking about?

I've never seen this before until trying to look up what you were referencing.

Jason

Dude. "Lazy Man Customs" is my middle name. I love all of your customs. You have my addy. Go ahead and send them to me. I'll be waiting.

Haha Sorry J I was replying to an earlier post about "lazy man" customs but it didn't include my reply.

And yes that is the sticker. I think I have like two or three sheets of those.