Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: JLW515 Customs Thread

Next up is BREAKER! I think Breaker is my favorite of the O13 Joes probably because he was featured prominently in the early commercials. In fact, as a kid, apparently I missed the commercial referring him as "Breaker" and only heard "call in GIJOE" (or something similar). So, I first thought that this was just a "Star Wars sized" version of GIJOE (Colton) until my friend showed me the file card. Even though Breaker didn't have any weapons, he was pretty cool with that headset and backpack.

The base of this figure is the green Dollar General Shipwreck. I love this figure as an army builder. I wanted him to have short sleeves, but the upper Shipwreck arms look odd if you just put bare arms with them. So, I took a Duke figure that is cast in a light green and Dremeled the rolled sleeve cuffs to fit the bottom of Shipwreck's upper arms. The bare arms and gloves are from POC Jungle Duke (I think). The head is from Bench Press.

The main thing for me was to incorporate the vintage ARAH head set with this custom.

So, I glued a ARAH Breaker head set to a DG Duke helmet. I used a SW Endor Trooper backpack because I like the way it looks with the small antennae and such. I drilled a hole in the side and glued the small phone handset from Lowlight. Also added another black ammo pocket to the right leg.

I really need to take some "action photos" of my figures.

Comments and critiques appreciated.

Jason

Oh WOW! I love your Breaker. I think incorporating vintage pieces really make your customs stand out. Might just be my favorite so far.

That Endor Rebel backpack works phenomenally!