Thread: Amazon prepares to Sunset Kindle Worlds Platform

Amazon prepares to Sunset Kindle Worlds Platform

Disappointing news to share with those that, like me, love picking up titles from Kindle Worlds. Word began circulating that Amazon has begun to reach out to authors to advise that Amazon will be sunsetting (shutting down) the Kindle Worlds platform.

Our friend Justin from Generals Joes shared some interesting information by way of Mr. Nate Hoffelder from The-Digital-Reader. Nate notes that submitting new content will be denied after tomorrow (May 17th) and all published works will be taken down by July 16th.

There are so many talented authors with amazing pieces of G.I.Joe fiction on Kindle Worlds, so if you plan on hitting the G.I.Joe Kindle Worlds page, you better do so while you have the chance. Keep in mind that you don't need a Kindle to enjoy these works; You can download an Amazon Kindle Reader directly to your iOS or Android device.

Are you disappointed to hear this? I know I am. I've thoroughly enjoyed the titles I've picked up from Amazon so far.

I plan on finishing my planned novel trilogy. Since the story will now be posted for free, I'll be changing the format, though. I wanted to write full-length novels to give people their money's worth. I'll likely now release a few chapters at a time, a few weeks apart.

The question now is, which website to post them on...

Quote Originally Posted by continuityerror View Post
    I plan on finishing my planned novel trilogy. Since the story will now be posted for free, I'll be changing the format, though. I wanted to write full-length novels to give people their money's worth. I'll likely now release a few chapters at a time, a few weeks apart.

The question now is, which website to post them on...

Well Brother, truth be told, you may get more bang for your buck sharing them on multiple boards. Posting them here will get them shared on all social media outlets. Sharing them on HissTank will get a lot more people to view. JoeBattlelines, OG13, etc, will also attract more readers.

Where ever you do post'em, please share a link. I'd love to check'em out!

Thanks. I haven't looked into this yet, but I'd like to use a site that converts a Word doc into various downloadable formats.

Word can convert to pdf, but a proper pdf editor gives you much more value in this format.