Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Paramount Pictures Places Snake Eyes Spinoff Movie Into Development

It seemed clear after the release of TRANSFORMERS in 2007 that Hasbro viewed JOE as an afterthought. They had their hit, they had a director (unfortunately for most of us) willing to stick with it, and truckloads of cash coming in. If JOE had more internal advocates as Hasbro, maybe we could've had Hasbro's version of an MCU ten years ago. Instead, we have their big franchise that's running out of the steam, their "lesser" one they can't quite figure out, and stuff like MASK that's coming across at a sad attempt at building a universe no one asked for.

Sad, but so entirely true. Don't get me wrong, I <3 M.A.S.K., but to CE's point..was anyone really clamoring for a MASK movie? Wouldn't it have made more sense to introduce MASK during transformers?

Yeah, honestly a MASK movie just sounds kinda dumb. Originally, it was Kenner's attempt to compete with Hasbro's GIJoe and TFs by essentially smashing the two concepts together. Now that Hasbro owns Kenner's IP, trying to shoehorn it into a shared universe with TFs and GIJoe just seems...unnecessary. The only logical way to introduce the concept is to have it be humans using TF tech to make their tricked out cars and trucks, but it just seems silly to use that idea to bring us good Camaro vs evil Nissan Z when it could be used to set up Cobra's crazy weapons or Destro's transforming vehicles.

What they should have done is just made it an easter egg/nod within the TF movies the first time around. It should have been MASK instead of NEST in TF2 when they were helping the Autobots, and flip it to VENOM in TF4 when humans were hunting the TFs instead of whatever name they used that I can't remember b/c the movie was garbage. Then if they really wanted to, I suppose they could have spun a standalone movie out of that as the two factions continuing to fight for whatever reason that didn't need to involve the TFs directly.

The MASK concept should be changed so drastically to gain a profit that the core fans would really going mad about it.

Quote Originally Posted by ucsf View Post
    The MASK concept should be changed so drastically to gain a profit that the core fans would really going mad about it.
    You aren't kidding. I read one quote (mind you, in Twitter, so take as fact at your own risk) that noted M.A.S.K. will be "Fast & Furious meets Transformers".

Um. Cool? I'm good though, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by C.I.A.D. View Post
    You aren't kidding. I read one quote (mind you, in Twitter, so take as fact at your own risk) that noted M.A.S.K. will be "Fast & Furious meets Transformers".

Um. Cool? I'm good though, thanks.
    It is that rumour, that they are planning to get the same director? I have zero problems with this concept honestly.