Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IDW Publishing G.I.Joe A Real American Hero #252 Discussion Thread

IDW Publishing G.I.Joe A Real American Hero #252 Discussion Thread

Adam Riches let us know that a special variant cover for G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #252 will be released at JoeCon.

Attention G.I. Joe fans!
    I’m excited to announce the release of a special exclusive Baroness variant cover for IDW Publishing's G.I. Joe A Real American Hero #252, I’ve created in collaboration with WONDERWORLD COMICS, to be released at GIJoeCon (Official) (June 21-24) in Chattanooga, TN!

For those of you unable to attend JoeCon, it is my understanding WonderWorld will be offering a limited number of pre-sale copies for non-attendees (details on that as soon as I have them). Of course, if you are attending JoeCon (you really should be), both myself and Larry Hama will be in attendance to sign copies throughout the show, and bonus: The back cover features a brand-new COBRA logo blank, just begging to be sketched on. 😉
    See ya in Chattanooga
    31791236_1498508233589159_5987859923080314880_o.jpg

That cover is amazing. I'm going to shake Adam down tomorrow at FCBD and make him give me one. >.> Or else, I'll write a strongly worded letter. STRONGLY WORDED I SAY!

Did he give you one? Inquiring minds want to know?

STRONGLY WORDED!

Sigh, I know it man. I would have loved to, but there's no real excuse other than I didn't feel like making the drive.

I used to live about 20 minutes north of where this event was taking place. I used to drive over an hour to get to work every day....so that drive gives me a bit of PTSD.

Wonderworld Comics GIJoeCon 2018 Exclusive G.I.Joe 252 Pre Order Now Available

Great news for those of you that won't be able to make it to GIJoeCon 2018. WONDERWORLD Comics has shared word that their GIJoeCon 2018 Exclusive print of IDW Publishing's G.I.Joe A Real American Hero #252 is now available for pre-order!

Wonderworld-Comics-GIJoeCon-Exclusive-GI-Joe-ARAH-252-Cobra-Island.jpg

This variant features a brilliant cover by Artist Extraordinaire Adam Riches! It’s exclusive to GI Joe Con 2018 in Chattanooga at the WONDERWORLD Comics booth. The back features an all new designed Cobra logo by Adam with blank cover for sketches. Submissions will also be taken for CBCS Comics if anyone is interested (make sure to reach out to WONDERWORLD for more details).

Price is $15 at the show but Pre-Orders (webpage and eBay) are set at $19.99 ea. You can get yours here - WONDERWORLD Comics: Pre-Orders Page

The new approach really boosts the sales I think. While I admire Gallant's work, and the crossover art was very impressive, this new creative team really pushing it forward.

I've pre-ordered the book, so I'll take a close up scan once it gets here.

G.I.Joe A Real American Hero #252 – Special Missions part 2 from IDW Publishing drops tomorrow! CobraIsland.com is pleased to bring you a 5 page preview of this awesome new book featuring the Cobra Intelligence Officer, the Baroness! Check it out –

IDW Publishing G.I.Joe A Real American Hero 252 Special Missions 5 Page Preview

“Special Missions,” Part 2 (of 5). G.I. Joe. Cobra. Two opposing forces. Two powerful war machines, each made more lethal by the undeniable strength of their individual parts. But who and what are those parts? This issue, artist David Messina (ROM, Star Trek) joins forces with Larry to present Cobra’s ruthless and deadly femme fatale: BARONESS!

Larry Hama (Author) • David Messina (Artist, Cover Artist) • John Royle (Cover Artist) • Jagdish Kumar (Cover Artist) • Elisabetta D’Amico (Inker) • Alessandra Alexakis (Colorist)

Judging from this preview, this issue is going to be awesome! Will you be adding it to your collection?