Thread: Cobra Island Invades East Coast Comic Con 2018

Cobra Island Invades East Coast Comic Con 2018

2018-04-28-16.35.44-1.jpg This past Saturday J.D. had the pleasure to attend the 2018 East Coast Comic Con. Among those in attendance were the great Larry Hama, Michael Golden, Mike Zeck, Mark Pingitore (of G.I. Jokes fame) and many more talented people who have worked on our beloved G.I. Joe over the years.

It was quite a fun atmosphere with friendly fans. J.D. was able to secure the "Great Lakes Comic Con" Variant of G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero #224 and have it signed in person by both Writer Larry Hama and Cover Artist Mike Zeck. J.D. also got some awesome prints signed by Mike Zeck and Michael Golden. I met a fantastic artist and bought a couple of amazing G.I. Joe/Cobra Prints from artist George Vega.

There were tons of dealers with more comics than you could imagine. Unfortunately for him, J.D. had been in search of a couple of series that don't fall into the Superhero genre, so they were impossible to find at this convention. If you were looking for Superhero books though, this was the place. J.D. saw books from the 1940's right up through to today, along with pages of original comic book art for sale.

The TV Celebrity guests included the cast of "Starsky and Hutch", Butch "Eddie Munster" Patrick, Mickey Dolenz of "The Monkees", Lee Meriwether (Catwoman in the 1960's Batman), David Yost (The Original Blue Power Ranger) and some famous TV Cars, like the Batmobile, The Munster Mobile and a few screen-used Gran Torino's from "Starsky and Hutch".

The lines for most signings were quite reasonable. The only line that was absolutely insane was that of Jim Starlin, the creator of Thanos. With the villain shattering box office records in this past weekend's release of "Avengers: Infinity War", that was no surprise.

To sum it all up, it was a fantastic day full of fun, meeting other fans, meeting creators and just hanging out with many like-minded individuals. J.D. can't recommend the experience enough.

We've gathered a gallery of images from the event, so make sure to hit the Front Page to get a bird's eye view from the Convention.

Son of a bitch I live near secaucus nj and never knew of this con

No worries brother, now you know for next year!

Yeah I just signed up for their email list

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdragon View Post
    Yeah I just signed up for their email list

You and me BD, we go next year.

Also Just got my email from NYCC that the ticket process will be getting started soon.

Yup got that too. I hope they finish expanding the javits center for this years con

You guys better take a bunch of pics!

Oh you know it!