Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cobra Island Discussion Point - Would you support a Hasbro HasLab G.I.Joe offering?

Cobra Island Discussion Point - Would you support a Hasbro HasLab G.I.Joe offering?

At Toy Fair 2018, Hasbro announced a new initiative that sent Star Wars fans in to a frenzy. Hasbro Lab, or HASLAB is Hasbro's new crowd sourcing platform that hopes to bring dream products into the hands of fans. With your support, their goal is to make products that are trophy items both in significance and size that fans have been clamoring for. Once the campaign is backed with the minimum number of backers as listed by the deadline, Hasbro will bring the product to life.

Hasbro's first offering is a massive 4' long Vintage Collection Jabba's Sail Barge (The Khetanna). Once unveiled, many G.I.Joe fans began to ask "I wonder if we may see G.I.Joe offerings via HasLab as well?" CobraIsland.com forum member Skinny decided to gauge interest by putting together a survey to see exactly what G.I.Joe fans may want if given the opportunity to pledge on a grail G.I.Joe offering. You can check out the survey here:

Hasbro HasLab G.I.Joe Survey by Skinny

Please note: The survey is in no way endorsed and/or sanctioned by Hasbro and is not scientific by any means; It's just a means to gauge possible interest, so please keep that in mind. Skinny will be creating a follow up survey in a couple of weeks, once you, the fans have had a chance to share your input.

So what say you, Cobra Island? Would you support a HasLab G.I.Joe offering? Are you interested in any of the items noted in the Survey, or is there one you think should be added?

Iíd love a modern Whale. Not sure if that is a Haslab sized project or not. Certainly a Flagg or Defiant would be. I just worry GI Joe doesnít have the number of fans anymore to fund a $2.5 million Kickstarter. Heck Star Wars might not get there, we will see in 42 days. We canít seem to keep single carded figures or vehicles in the stores.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainframe77 View Post
    I’d love a modern Whale. Not sure if that is a Haslab sized project or not. Certainly a Flagg or Defiant would be. I just worry GI Joe doesn’t have the number of fans anymore to fund a $2.5 million Kickstarter. Heck Star Wars might not get there, we will see in 42 days. We can’t seem to keep single carded figures or vehicles in the stores.
    I couldn't agree more with everything said. I love this brand; I have my whole life. Facts are facts though - Our community tends to be the "I'll grab it at ROSS" crowd...kinda baffling, when you take in to consideration all of the Kickstarters we help to reach funding.

That said, I would LOVE LOVE LOVE a Cobra flying fortress!

Hey guys I read that there was an idea for a Cobra Island playset in the 80’s. Any truth to this rumor? I would love to dig up a pic of that mock up. As far as backing, I’m not sure. the price and size of Jabbas sail barge is prohibitive.

Yes Sir, completely valid. The folks over at Joe Declassified had a great story on it. I can't seem to get to the direct link (.php error), but I found the attached images via le google.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did the survey. I hope skinny gets as many data as he wants.

I do think this is a big chance for the collectors, so maybe we get some great stuff if this first ship is going to be a success.

I'm really in the mood now. But atm the SW project is only half-way as far as I can tell. There are plenty of days left, but still need many die hard fans.

I'm sad to say that if a Star Wars offering can reach funding, then I'm not entirely sure a Joe related offering would ever see the light of day.