Thread: Early Marvel G.I.Joe Concept Drawings by Herb Trimpe

Early Marvel G.I.Joe Concept Drawings by Herb Trimpe

On Superbowl Sunday, the G.I.Joe Museum on Facebook delighted fans with a series of Early concept drawings by Herb Trimpe in the Marvel comic run. The images come courtesy of an awesome intern who made copies that they were saved. There's a few fan favorite characters included in the assortment...not to mention some rare gems like a look at Snake Eyes' face.

We've mirrored the gallery below, but make sure to head on over to the G.I.Joe Museum to check out other awesome offerings such as this one. Read on to check out early artwork of - Flash, Grand Slam, Breaker, Zap, Clutch, Scarlett, Snake Eyes, Stalker, Grunt, Rock 'n Roll and Cover Girl.

What are your thoughts on these early concept drawings? Check out the full gallery here: Early Marvel G.I.Joe Concept Drawings by Herb Trimpe

These are great. And I heard that Robert from 3DJoes is going to redone it without the damage on the paper.

I also love the outfits, which are even more sci-fi-esque than what we got at retail.

Yeah man, these are all amazing. I really can't wait to see them restored to their original glory.

As for the outfits, aren't they awesome!? I wonder how well certain figures would've sold if they would've looked like this rather than we we ultimately received.

That's right, Sir!

These arts have a bit of Captain Power vibe for me. I was browsing through the Hake's auction photos and there were many true sci-fi vehicles which could be based on experimental vehicles or simply created from the minds of the Hasbro workers back in the day. If I think back to that time, I think I'd have been crazy for these stuff as a kid if I'd saw them on the shelves.