Thread: Letal Customs Crimson Grenadiers Pictorial Review

Letal Customs Crimson Grenadiers Pictorial Review

In the absence of 3 3/4 product on the market, we here at Cobra Island are thankful that there are those out there that are keeping the hobby alive for many collectors. In the past we've showcased some amazing offerings from our good friend, the elusive Black Major. Today we're proud to introduce you to Letal Customs, a new player offering figures that we all know and love in fun, vibrant new color schemes!

Letal has hit the ground running, as his first round of offerings is based on a fan favorite, the Iron Grenadier! The first wave brings us (4) different renditions of this classic troop builder:

• Arctic Grenadier
    • Crimson Grenadier
    • Desert Grenadier
    • Jungle/Night Grenadier

Last night, Destro gave Cobra Commander a closer look at the Arctic Grenadier, an elite trooper that can give a Snow Serpent a run for his money. Tonight, he introduces the Commander to the Crimson Grenadiers, the Elite of the Elite. Word has it that they're so good at what they do, they've even infiltrated the Crimson Shadow Guard, an organization that is only spoken of in whispers and rumors.

We’ve collected a gallery of over 30 images for your viewing pleasure, so make sure to check out our full gallery here:

Letal Customs Crimson Grenadier Pictorial Review - Cobra Island

Want to add these to your collection? It’s easy! Reach out to @gijoeislife, @stephen_celentano, @davedatil, and @yo_icollect on Instagram for further details!

As I mentioned in our Arctic Grenadier review, my commentary may appear a bit biased...and that's because it is. I'm a die hard Iron Grenadiers fan, so no IG offering can do wrong in my eyes. That said, you don't have to be an IG fan to see how amazing the Crimson Grenadier is. The deep, rich red color looks amazing on the mold, with Silver and Black highlights that just beg to be paired with a Crimson Guard (a figure that I didn't acquire fast enough for this review, le sigh).

The Grenadiers in the series come with all of the original accessories of the v1 Grenadier and includes two "new ones":

• Uzi (vintage)
    • Laser Pistol (vintage)
    • Sword (vintage)
    • Iron Grenadier Destro's Sword ("new")
    • Uzi - Proper Size ("new")

The addition of new gear really gives the Grenadier a wide assortment of options and also ensures that you can have up to (5) figures with at least (1) different weapon in its hand. The paint applications are solid with minimal mess and the build itself is amazingly solid and feels like a retail release.

Although Crimson may be an all new color scheme for this mold, it looks right at home with classic Iron Grenadier offerings, like the Convention Exclusive Stealth A.G.P.

This is another fantastic offering in a series of figures that I'm pleased to add to my collection. This is one troop builder you won't want to miss!

Don't forget to check out our full gallery here: Letal Customs Crimson Grenadier Pictorial Review - Cobra Island

Join us tomorrow as we take a closer look at the Desert Grenadier!

These Letal Customs IG figures are great! The plastic is very high quality and feels like vintage Hasbro. Joints were tight. I won a set at NJCC and was excited to get them in hand. Love them. Can’t recommend them enough. Hit up Stephen and Dave at Letal Customs and get some. Yo Joe!