Thread: GI Joe Movie release date set for March 27, 2020

GI Joe Movie release date set for March 27, 2020

As per the Hollywood Reporter...

Paramount is playing the release dating game Monday, with the studio carving out territory for four tentpoles.

A film simply titled G.I. Joe will hit theaters March 27, 2020. The studio previously released two films based on the Hasbro property G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra (2009) and G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013). 2020 will be a Hasbro year, as the studio has set Micronauts to open seven months later on Oct. 16, 2020. The toy property follows a race of Alien warriors from an alternate dimension that's microscopic. Paramount also carved out a July 23, 2021 date for Dungeons & Dragons, based on the table top roll playing game, and set aside Oct. 1, 2021 for an untitled Hasbro event film.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-dates-1069024

Excited! Let’s start speculating...what kind of movie will it be?

Thanks for the heads up! Front paged & credited!

I really, truly, fingers-crossedly (yay made up words!) hope that it's a straight reboot. Something new, something fresh. Pretty please with a cherry on top.

I think they should reboot the whole thing. I wish they wouldnt do the cinematic universe thing. I think it could be great in the right hands and done the right way but I fear that is going to real hard. There is more realism in Joe then in the other properties and I can see this going over the top sci-fi if they plan to bring in Rom, Mask, Micronauts or Transformers. I’m excited because it gives us some hope. Been too much fans hating on Aubrey or hating on Dawn recently. We need some positive. I liked the idea of doing a big screen version of the mass device mini-series. Could be fun.

Can’t wait to see who they cast and who those said castees will be playing.

I think they need to start smaller and build from there. The giant Marvel Cinematic Universe that Hasbro wants to mimic started with one film about one character, Iron Man. Here is my two cents...Joe needs to be a modern team set today or 15 minutes into the future. Use the old characters and code names just ditch the ARAH mythos otherwise. Here the kicker, GI Joe is two sides of the same coin. Adventure team and Special Ops/Military team. The leaders at the top command both teams. Each team has its own guys from there that can bounce back and forth as needed..ie Recondo is on the Adventure team but can help the military team on mission as needed. Just imagine this logo....

7359396B-CD0A-4E21-967E-54EC45917A8F.jpg

I am curious what we will get. Will it be ARAH Hama era, IDW, Paramount movieverse, reboot, or will it be 2020 Hasbro (all new with a re-imagined team and direction).

Regardless of what era they need to focus on a story to hook everyone and I mean everyone. The old guard, all kinds of international audiences, U.S. general audiences and kids. Not an easy task.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainframe77 View Post
    I’m excited because it gives us some hope. Been too much fans hating on Aubrey or hating on Dawn recently. We need some positive. I liked the idea of doing a big screen version of the mass device mini-series. Could be fun.
    This. All day this. The negativity is, to me, unimaginable...Why does a hobby cause so much grief? I get that we're all passionate about the brand, I really do. I'll never ask someone to disregard their personal beliefs or their personal views of what G.I.Joe is to them. That said, it is what it is. If it's pissing you off, step away, come back with fresh eyes and see where it stands. The Aubrey thing? I get it, but things are different now so there's no need to dwell. Those that hate Dawn Moreno are a vocal minority, as many seem to love the new character. I know I personally do and have thoroughly enjoyed the "Dawn of the Arashikage" story arc so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchweed View Post
    Can’t wait to see who they cast and who those said castees will be playing.
    I'm really curious as to who it'll be as well. I know I'm getting old; I don't know who half the "up & comers" are. That's not meant as a dig to them, but more so to my inability to keep up with the times anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainframe77 View Post
    I think they need to start smaller and build from there. The giant Marvel Cinematic Universe that Hasbro wants to mimic started with one film about one character, Iron Man. Here is my two cents...Joe needs to be a modern team set today or 15 minutes into the future. Use the old characters and code names just ditch the ARAH mythos otherwise. Here the kicker, GI Joe is two sides of the same coin. Adventure team and Special Ops/Military team. The leaders at the top command both teams. Each team has its own guys from there that can bounce back and forth as needed..ie Recondo is on the Adventure team but can help the military team on mission as needed. Just imagine this logo....

7359396B-CD0A-4E21-967E-54EC45917A8F.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by skinny View Post
    I am curious what we will get. Will it be ARAH Hama era, IDW, Paramount movieverse, reboot, or will it be 2020 Hasbro (all new with a re-imagined team and direction).
    See, there is where I think we're going to see this "big change" that Hasbro talked about not too long ago. I don't think we're going to see a ARAH styled/themed movie. I would love it, but the theme isn't something I think we're going to get. It's more than likely going to have an Adventure Team vibe with a younger cast up against a common foe. I do agree that it should smart small and build up from there. Regardless, whatever it is, please let it be a reboot. No Rock (love ya, Rock)...I'm just spent, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny
    Regardless of what era they need to focus on a story to hook everyone and I mean everyone. The old guard, all kinds of international audiences, U.S. general audiences and kids. Not an easy task.
    Bottom line. Daunting to say the least.