Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vintage G.I. Joe Hauls

Phase 1 is all figs 1982-1987 that appeared in the cartoon plus the big baddies from 87 that didn’t, like Big Boa, Raptor etc. I’ve been piecing together figs with their weapons too. Fun times. Anybody have anything I need?

Ok, so I already showed you guys the insanity train that I went for a ride on (Re: Star Brigade). Other than that, not too many vintage pick ups in the recent past, but I plan on changing that with a few oddities I've had my eyes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchweed View Post
    Phase 1 is all figs 1982-1987 that appeared in the cartoon plus the big baddies from 87 that didn’t, like Big Boa, Raptor etc. I’ve been piecing together figs with their weapons too. Fun times. Anybody have anything I need?
    I love that plan. Very similar to mine. I think I’m out of vehicles now. I don’t have enough space. Maybe just the classics from the first couple of years 82-84. It kills me to put stuff in boxes.

I should have posted this back in March but at NJCC I picked up swivel arm Snake-Eyes (no file card) for $35. I got a few other vintage figs as well. I still need v1.5 Hawk and Grand Slam to complete the v1.5. I’m not a fan of straight arm/diaper crotch. I still need a visor for Flash as well. I’m going slow and typically avoid buying on EBay for many reasons. I don’t mind going slowly and taking my time. I’m hitting a toy show in Delaware this week so hopefully I’ll bring back some reinforcements. Yo Joe!

Haha finished my vintage Big Lob custom. One more down. Yes!!!

So a few years ago, I bought TWO Terror Dromes from a local collector I've known since the '90s, for super cheap since he just wanted them gone. One 100% complete with minor yellowing to the dome, another about 95% complete with major yellowing. Both dusty as hell. I cleaned up the better of the two a little bit and was happy b/c I'd never owned a Terror Drome, let alone two. Fast forward to this week and he says he has yet another TD, maybe 75-80% complete, but the dome is really nice/white.

Because I'd never disassembled a TD before, I started with the super yellowed one from before, in case I broke a tab here or there. Once I'd stripped it down to the components, I started in on the recently acquired white one and removed everything. I kept the complete one intact to reference how it all went back together. I gently washed the base and dome from the newest one, and every component from the two disassembled TDs, even using a soft toothbrush to get the dust out of all those hard to reach spots. Then I cherrypicked the parts in the best condition since I had two of almost everything. The end result is a 100% complete (ok 99%, no AVAC) Terror Drome that has been deep cleaned and is about as white as can be for a 32-year-old toy (!!!) without cracking open a sealed copy.

First pic is me about to start reassembly:

IMG_0416.jpg

The final product:

IMG_0420.jpg

For contrast: old, lightly yellowed, but complete, on the left; good one in the middle; and badly yellowed shell on the right.

IMG_0421.jpg

Not pictured is the batch of extra parts I can probably part out and recoup what I paid for all three. Now that I know exactly what I need to do, I'll eventually disassemble the other one and give it a deep clean, too. Probably in preparation to sell as I don't really have the space to display two of the things.

Nice! I love the Terror Drome. Just a fantastic playset.

I wish I still had my childhood Terrordrome

Finally completed a nice white Crusader. Iíve been wanting one of these since I visited the space shuttle that is on the deck of the Uss Intrepid in NYC. Now I want the Crusader on back of my Flagg.

7912268B-0BB6-448A-B01E-C697E57BC055.jpg

B5DD72E3-CE3E-44EA-8164-93FDD3451E7B.jpg