Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ReadySets Urban Folding Diorama Playset

ReadySets Urban Folding Diorama Playset

Our glorious leader J.D. came across this rather interesting playset from ReadySetz. It's a large, fold-out diorama style playset with what appears to be a ton of play features. The main structure also features 2 Detachable Ramps, 1 Transforming Helicopter Pad and 1 Detachable Water Tower! Check it out -

Per the ReadySetz website, the set will run you $59.99, but you can use discount code FREESHIPPING to have it mailed for free (pretty cool!). Here's the scoop from their website:

Details

• Incredible detail with vibrant artwork!
    • 3 dimensions of open-ended play!
    • Folds up for easy storage in seconds!
    • Ages 3 to infinity.
    • Made in the USA.
    • Eco Friendly, 100% Recyclable.

• 30 day, Money Back Guarantee!

Specifications

• Unfolded for Play: 33” (h) X 43” (w) X 22” (d)
    • Folded for Storage or Transport: 33” (h) X 15” (w) X 4” (d)
    • Weight: 4 pounds
    • Made from Durable, Structurally Reinforced Corrugated Material
    • Play figures and cars not included
    • Only sold within continental United States

This piece looks like it would be great for those of us that love taking pictures of our toys, or for those of us with little ones of our own whose imaginations help keep ours going. Is the ReadySetz Urban Playset something you'd add to your collection?

The concept is very intriguing. I should pick one up.

I'm glad you came across this. I'm rather intrigued as well. Looks like it would be a great dio for photos.

Looks nice. I can see my 8 year old destroying this like he did his TMNT Turtle Liar a few years back. LOL

$59 seems like a fair price to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainframe77 View Post
    Looks nice. I can see my 8 year old destroying this like he did his TMNT Turtle Liar a few years back. LOL

$59 seems like a fair price to me.

We were debating this earlier, so as the parent of an 8 year old, you may be the perfect source for insight: Being that this is made out of heavy duty cardboard, how long do you think it'll last under normal "play" conditions?

I’m trying to figure that out to. The reviews on their site mention the durability. I texted the links to my sister-in-law who is interested for my nephews, ages 4,8 & 11, for Christmas. She asked the same question.

I know this..my son got the Turtle lair for Christmas when he was 5 and destroyed it regularly. It was plastic primarily with cardboard backgrounds. The plastic pieces broke or the little ones got lost. Gluing was typically only repair option.

Nice thing about cardboard is it can be repaired with glue or packing tape. I remember repairing vintage Star Wars pop-up books all the time. The cardboard in this set is corrugated which is used in shipping boxes so strength is there as well.

Another point is the folding up option protects it while not being played with. The Turtle liar took friendly fire just because it got in the way. That cardboard would bend hard if kids fell on it or put their weight on it.

So to answer you question, I believe this stands up to an 8 year old if they play as intended. I’m pretty sure I’m going to get it for my son. It’s too cool for a kid that goes between Joe, Turtles, Super Heroes and Disney Cars. It looks perfect.
    Last edited by Mainframe77; 12-04-2017 at 02:48 AM.

*salute* You are the MAN! Thank you so much for the insight, it's worth its weight in gold. Now to explain to the Wife why we need one of these. >.>

No, thank you. My mother had been hounding me for more gift ideas for my son. After seeing your post and researching it, I just sent her the link. So I’d expect to be seeing one at Christmas time.

FYI there are at least 4 video reviews on YouTube( including one from TNI). After watching them, I’m sold. This one below actually has kids playing with it. The little girls is practically laying on it at times. Seems sturdy enough.

https://youtu.be/GiSH4YmDkR4

My mom ordered the playset on Monday and it arrived Wednesday. That’s Amazon fast for free shipping. I can’t wait to see my sons play with there action figures on it.

You're going to make me buy this, MF77...and my Wife is going to kill us both!