Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: G.I.Joe Collectors Club Figure Subscription 7 Discussion Thread

I didn't really give a shit about Treadmark and Kaos going into this, but now that I have them in hand, I kinda like them. Again, this is my first sub, and I think part of it may just be the rush of opening the box and "ZOMG2newJOES!" But I'm probably going to hang on to them now. Is this what it's been like for 6 years, turning mediocre figs into keepers?

Treadmark turned out better than expected. I was so psyched for Kaos and he didn’t disappoint. He has a hockey mask and machete. That says if all.

Oof, they really dropped the ball on Hawk. The original figure was after my time, but the mock up looked pretty cool and was one of the selling points of 7.0. Actual colors are waaay off, though. The green is all wrong and the webgear is straight up orange and not the gold/brown of the mock up.

Quote Originally Posted by Clone Trooper View Post
    Oof, they really dropped the ball on Hawk. The original figure was after my time, but the mock up looked pretty cool and was one of the selling points of 7.0. Actual colors are waaay off, though. The green is all wrong and the webgear is straight up orange and not the gold/brown of the mock up.
    Yeah if you look at the funskool version of that hawk the colors are almost an exact match. It like the factory looked at the funskool version and copied that. Really disappointed but I do like the dark green. Need some black web gear to put on him.

Whaaaattheeeeeefuucccccckkk?

I avoided looking at anything that would spoil the FSS7 13th fig. Got home to find the boxes today and I'm all excited because it's literally been years since I've NOT known what was in the box. An actual surprise. Would it be Lightfoot? Backblast? Oooh, maybe Hydro-Viper. Or Sci-Fi v2.

Hollow Wha? Who Point? I had to look this fool up. Some BTR wannabe Rock N Roll that was probably only not originally called RnR because they'd lost the rights to the name at the time. I mean, it's otherwise not a bad looking figure. If it had been slotted in as one of the regular 12 of a previous FSS instead of some other clunker (coughFunskoolWindmill), it might have been well received. But to have this as a mystery figure AT ALL, let alone one of the final two unknown slots, is some major bullshit.

/rant