Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Official GIJoeCon 2018 Discussion Thread

Called the third hotel and they have 4 king rooms under the con rate of $169 Wednesday-Sunday

The G.I.Joe Collectors Club has announced a new guest for the G.I.Joe Collectors Convention, none other than Mr. Kurt Groen! From the Club –

KURT GROEN joined the G.I. Joe Design Team at Hasbro, Inc. in January 1989. Kurt's first day on the job led him into designing his first 3 3/4" G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero action figure: VAPOR, the Cobra Hurricane Pilot. Kurt joined the team just in time for the company to start producing spring-loaded launchers. This addition of "weapons that really shoot" enhanced the play value of the G.I. Joe toy line through the 1990s. His head was used as the basis to create the 1992 Oktober Guard action figure: BIG BEAR.

Kurt designed and developed all sizes of G.I. Joe, from the 3 3/4" to the 12" Hall of Fame and Classic Collection, including Sgt. Savage and his Screaming Eagles, along with G.I. Joe: Extreme. Kurt was lucky to work on numerous other popular Hasbro toy lines including: Jurassic Park, Starting Lineup, Winner's Circle, WWF, Tonka, Playskool, Dinosaurs to name a few. After many years at Hasbro, Kurt moved on from toy design to Product Development in Sporting Goods where he works today.

Thanks to our friends from Just another G.I.Joe Show for the heads up! Are you excited for this latest guest announcement?

Wow, how's this for some fantastic news to share on a Friday morning? Carson of 3DJoes has shared some exciting news via the 3DJoes Facebook Page -

3DJoes and Mr. Kirk Bozigian have once again joined forces to share word of unseen footage from the “first live action G.I.Joe movie”! Kirk Bozigian and Carson will be premiering this heretofore unseen footage at Joe Con! Stay tuned for the panel announcement and time. A collection of 8mm film is currently begin digitized, giving us our first behind-the-scenes footage from the 1991 live action G.I.Joe commercials!

To help get you hyped, check out this mash up video created by Brooklyn Basement Studios. Using live action toy commercial footage and audio clips from the animated series, this trailer imagines the battle of the REAL AMERICAN HEROES vs COBRA in a whole new way!

Make sure to check out their Joe Con 2018 panel and see what magic these 27 year old tapes hold! Are you as excited as we are to check out this footage?

Live Action what? There is more cheese in that video than all of drunken Wisconsin. Still, cant wait for more haha.

Oh buddy, don't you remember the live action commercials from the 90s? They were cheesetastic!

Administrator
    HAHAHAHA!!! How about those Street Fighter commercials?! Remember those?!

While I think it's not okay to share pics from the comments, that Major Altitude with the battle copter and the Cobra hideout are insanely cool.

Thanks for the information, CIAD!