Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Official GIJoeCon 2018 Discussion Thread

Official GIJoeCon 2018 Discussion Thread

The G.I.Joe Collectors Club has shared word on the hotel scenario for JoeCon2018, so let's get right to it!

By popular demand, a second hotel location has been added for convention attendees at the Staybridge Suites Downtown Chattanooga. Please call this hotel directly at 423-267-0900, or through the Central Reservations System at 800-238-8000. The Staybridge rate is $154 for two doubles and it's about a block further from the convention site than the Marriott. Convention info will be released in early January 2018, with registration starting in Mid-January.

I am tempted by this just due to the nature of it being the last year. Other than the people there's just typically not enough stuff going on for me to justify the trip.

Same. Tempted to go since it's the last year, but might not be able to due to the date.

2017 first Reveal 1/20 3rd Friday in Jan., next Friday will be the 3rd Friday of Jan.

2017 brochure went up 1/27

2017 registration went live 1/31

I would look Expect the same this year

PYTHON PERIL: MARAUDERS TO THE RESCUE!

The COBRA PYTHON PATROL is an elite unit of troopers that have been handpicked for their various tactical specialties. They are expertly trained and equipped for stealth and infiltration missions. They wear unique camouflage grid uniforms to mask their presence, which confuses radar detection systems and allows them to accomplish sinister operations around the globe.

Using the latest radar absorbing materials and stealth technology, PYTHON PATROL 2.0 rears its ugly head with a surgical strike against their sworn enemy. Led by the nefarious MAJOR BLUDD, they have successfully captured a "Real American Hero" and key member of the G.I.Joe team.

The SLAUGHTER'S MARAUDERS unit is called into action to mount a dire rescue mission of their original commander. A fellow Marine Drill Instructor, SGT. SMASHER takes the squad leader position and selects highly specialized soldiers for a fast attack, ground assault into enemy territory to combat these devious COBRA FORCES.
    PYTHON PATROL 2.0 is a dangerous unit, but it will take more than their special uniforms and slitherine nastiness to get the best of the entire SLAUGHTER'S MARAUDERS team!

The set includes -

• SLAUGHTER'S MARAUDERS: Sgt. Smasher, Footloose, Hardball, Mutt & Junkyard, Spirit & Freedom.
    • PYTHON PATROL: Major Bludd, Python H.E.A.T. Viper x3, Python Lamprey x3, Python Laser Viper x3

I'm really curious what Sgt. Smasher will look like. This sounds like a modestly good idea for a set given their options at this point. Though, I think putting three HEAT Vipers in the main set was a bad call.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekoman View Post
    Though, I think putting three HEAT Vipers in the main set was a bad call.
    Yes Sir, couldn't agree more. Especially considering it'll be the 50th build, so so much for the hose connecting to the helmet properly. That leaves SAW Vipers and Rock Vipers and show exclusives, plus this Joe character that's been captured.

Well I got all mine ordered as well as a couple for friends now just 140 day wait

<3 Thanks once again for your help man! What's 140 days between friends? lol