Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fresh Monkey Fiction Amazing Heroes Discussion Thread

Fresh Monkey Fiction Amazing Heroes Discussion Thread

We're kicking off our Amazing Heroes discussion thread with a look at the recently revealed Liberty League!

What are your thoughts on a Liberty League / Eagle Force Team up?

Ok, I have long been a fan of Super Heroes and Joes. In my opinion the best super hero stories were Golden Age (aside from Super Friends cartoon of course haha). When FM had their first kickstarter for Amazing Heroes I thought it would be cool if they did those in 4 inch SA fashion. Now they are and I am pretty hyped. When they announced the Liberty League and the fact that they would work with the Eagle Force team it made it even better. I love the idea because I always wanted a Joe/Marvel team up. The Liberty League name is genius. I loved the golden age Justice League comics and this looks to be just as interesting.

I asked Bill last year about Eagle Force and Amazing Heroes teaming up in a shared universe since Capt. Eagle was in the original promotional Amazing Heroes comic. He said "not at this time, but possible".

Granted I'm not at all familiar with these characters but I will be. I've been reading up on some of them. They are actually pretty good stories and very underrated in my opinion.

Now on to the figures...I admit I am more a fan of the Liberty League characters than the newer Independent Comic characters. I can fit the Liberty Leaguers into my "verse" but some of the other ones like the dude with a Carrot for his head and Savage Dragon, not so sure (those are the only two I shake my head about). I will however be all in. Their range of Independent Comic characters though is pretty impressive. Cassie Hack, Dreadstar, Madman, John Sable, Stray.

I have a spreadsheet that shows like 181 different characters between Eagle Force (and all incarnations) and Amazing Heroes as well as the Midnightmen characters from FM's old comic which they have shown a Jurassic Sam figure as part of the new Amazing Heroes so that's exciting too.

Anyway, sorry for the long winded response, I'm just real passionate about the stuff FM is coming up with.

Seems Fresh Monkey has some cool reveals for these cats too from designercon.

Yeah that’s awesome. Not too crazy about the Stardust though with the same oversized arms. Not into the Fire Carrot either but the rest....must haves!

Looks like Fresh Monkey is stirring up some painted mocks on their Facebook page. Looks pretty cool to me at least what they have up so far. Nexus and Savage Dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Itchweed View Post
    Looks like Fresh Monkey is stirring up some painted mocks on their Facebook page. Looks pretty cool to me at least what they have up so far. Nexus and Savage Dragon.
    Yes Sir! SD looks friggin' awesome so far!

Yep, I never read SD comics but the figure looks badass.

Oh man, if you ever get a chance, check them out, they're awesome! (The SD comics, that is).

Are any of you fine cats familiar with any of the other soon to be offered Amazing heroes characters? Any of them?